Why do the eyeballs differ in size?
- The eyeballs differ in size to produce various pressures. The ¾” eyeball will produce more pressure from the nozzle than the 1” eyeball, however, it does not move as much water. The larger the opening, the more water will flow.
Note: The smaller the eyeball the harder the pump will have to work and the harder the pump has to work, the shorter its life.
What is a jet-action cleaning wand?
- Hayward’s Jet-Action Cleaning Wand, part # EC2024, is designed to aid in the cleaning of the DE (Diatomaceous Earth) or Cartridge filters. Attached to a regular garden hose, when the water is turned on, it exits the wand at a right angle thus increasing the water pressure. This high-pressure water is directed into the fabric of the filter removing any hardened debris from the elements. It can be inserted into the drain port of a Perflex filter and assists in the removal of caked on, dirty DE that sits at the top of the filter. This will prevent you from having to completely dismantle your filter when draining the old DE.
Why does my hydrotherapy fitting have two pipes?
- In order to get the therapeutic effect, air must be introduced into the water. The top/upper tube is for the air and the lower tube is for the water.
Why am I getting water out of my air tube?
- The rear seal ring maybe missing or broken. Remove the nozzle and replace.
How do I winterize my jet?
- Use the Hayward test plug tool, part # SP1434TP
Why didn’t I get a jet nozzle with the body?
- In order to provide you with the most effective and versatile hydrotherapy jet, Hayward Pool Products Inc. allows you to choose the jet you prefer. When a hydrotherapy jet is ordered, the body and the nozzle must be ordered. See your Hayward authorized dealer for nozzle options.
How do I run the air line for my jet?
- The air line can be installed, one of two ways. You can install an individual line out of the top of each jet and plug the side ports, or loop all the jets into one air return and plug the top ports. Regardless of the way the air lines are installed, they must terminate above the pool/spa water level. Normally they are installed in the pool deck and capped with an adjustable cover, which varies the amount of air into the jet.
What are the functions on the multi-port valve?
- Filter –Allows the water to flow through the filter media and then directs the water to the return lines.
- Backwash – When the filter pressure rises 8-10 pounds over the clean starting pressure, the water is directed through the filter in the opposite direction of “Filter”. This enables the dirty water and debris to be removed from the filter.
- Waste – The water is directed from the pump, through the multi-port valve and out of the waste line. (The water never enters the filter tank).
- Re-circulate – The water enters the valve and returns into the pool. (The water never enters the filter tank).
- Rinse – Mainly used with sand filters. After backwashing run the filter in the rinse position, this will clear the plumbing lines from any remaining debris left after backwashing and resets the sand bed.
- Closed – This position will not allow water flow through the valve.
- Winter – Used when winterizing. This position is between two other positions and allows water to flow in all directions. This is used to prevent water being trapped in the valve that could freeze and crack the valve. This position is not on all valves.
Why does my pressure gauge never move?
- The pressure gauge will show a reading when water passes through the valve or filter, depending on the gauge’s location. If the gauge remains at zero or stays at the same pressure, whether the pump is operating or not, the gauge is broken and needs to be replaced.
Why is there water leaking from the backwash/waste line while I am filtering the pool?
- At the bottom of the valve is a spider gasket. This gasket seals against the valve body to divide the ports. Depending on the placement of the handle, each port is designed to direct the water flow in the appropriate direction. If the gasket swells, or becomes unseated from the channel, the water will flow in various directions. The gasket can be replaced in some models or the entire key/stem assembly will need to be replaced.